Liebmann Family Law can help you through the adoption process.

Liebmann Family Law is located Newtown, Bucks County, Pennsylvania

At Liebmann Family Law, our Adoption lawyers are prepared to skillfully guide you through the adoption process. We regularly handle adoption cases that involve:


- Adoption within the United States

- Adoption from another country

- Adoption through private sources

- Adoption through agencies

- Home studies

- Step-parent adoption

- Grandparent adoption

- Voluntary or involuntary termination of parental rights

Long waiting lists and arduous procedures tend to characterize the adoption process. The Bucks County Adoption lawyers at Liebmann Family Law can help to minimize the stress so you can focus on bringing a child you desire into your home.


By your side through each step of the adoption process

In order for adoption to be legally possible, the child’s birth parents must voluntarily or involuntarily relinquish their rights to the child. Through adoption, you assume the rights and responsibilities of the parent. Whether a child is placed in a new home privately or an adoption agency, a Petition for Adoption must be filed with the court.


The child is placed in the custody of the new parents for a period of six months to one year before the adoption becomes final. This allows home study — the monitoring of the child’s welfare in the new home through a court’s authorized agency visits to the home. At the end of the period, a court hearing reviews the parents’ qualifications and, if satisfactory, grants a permanent decree of adoption. In this manner, the child gains all the rights of a natural child of the adoptive parents and a new birth certificate is issued, showing the adoptive parents as the child’s legal parents.


With a combination of experience, compassion and committed advocacy for your adoption, the attorneys at Liebmann Family Law stand by your side through each step of your adoption process, helping you build the family you want.



Bucks County Adoption attorneys answer your questions


Q: I would like to legally adopt my grandchild. How do I do that?

If you are a blood relative of the child, the court may decide to waive the probationary period and home study. However, the petition still needs to be filed.


Q: I would like to legally adopt my stepchild. How do I do that?

If you want to adopt your stepchild, the process is similar to other adoptions. This includes the child’s consent if the child is 14 or older. In addition, the natural parent must also consent and have his or her parental rights terminated as part of the adoption proceedings.

Free Initial Consultation

Evening & Weekend Appointments Available



Fax: 215-860-5282

If you have questions about adopting a child in Bucks County PA, Liebmann Family Law will help you today.

Contact us to schedule your free initial consultation


Call the Bucks County Divorce and Family Law Attorneys at Liebmann Family Law, at 1.215.860.8200 or contact us online and schedule your free initial consultation.